A few of my guiding principles
1) People shape and are shaped by ideas. [A revelation I had when I was nine years old and has guided my life’s intellectual and spiritual journey ever since.]
2) The beginning of wisdom is the realization that you might be mistaken; mistaken in your observations, your analysis, and/or your conclusions.
3) Unexpected invitations are dancing lessons from the Divine.
4) If, and when, you react emotionally to something, some event, some experience, or some idea, that reaction is evidence of your bias making itself known to you. The intensity of your reaction is an indicator of how intensely you value, or how old that bias was acquired. You are indifferent to stuff that is unimportant to you.
5) Do not confused or mistake utility for accuracy. Maps of the Territory are made to be useful, but that does not guarantee their accuracy. Lastly, no single map is every a complete description of the Territory.
Why Are You Here? A Foreshadowing.
To give you a preview, a foreshadowing of what is to come later in the book, I wish to present one of my own overarching themes in this brief description of a mythic map.
I believe that the creator, the infinite Divine, aka the Tao aka Ayn Sof, needs us.
I believe that the act of creation did not go as planned.
I believe that the act of creation led to the cosmos being flawed and in a state of disharmony.
I believe that sentient beings were created to help restore harmony, although this is a choice that each one of us has to make throughout our lifetime.
We are needed by the infinite Divine/ Tao/ Ayn Sof to restore harmony to ourselves, to the cosmos and to the Divine / Tao/ Ayn Sof.
This task that we may choose to participate in is called in Hebrew: Tikkun Olam. That phrase means in English, to heal / to restore/ to repair / the World aka the cosmos.
You are here because you are needed to contribute to this cosmic need.
You are here to assist in restoring, repairing, and healing yourself, the cosmos and the Divine.
You can do this at every moment of your life.
You can do this by any act of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and harmony.
Will you answer the call of the Divine?
Will you help?
And if not now, when?
[from my book Find Your Way, pp 9-10)